Sunday 20 June 2010

Settling down to life in Romania

Arrived in Roandola on April 26th after driving from Grove across Europe with caravan in tow. Neighbour Ionel and his son-in-law Dragos helped me get caravan into courtyard and then got the hidrofor (well pump) working for me! Unloaded car and caravan contents into house and workshop then organised caravan to be my accommodation for a while. Settled in and found my way around the area (Sighisoara/Dumbraveni/Medias) over the next few days. There is a village shop but has limited stock of fresh produce and only UHT milk. Small supermarket in next village (6kms) has bigger range, including hardware items for kitchen etc and plenty of washing/washing up/cleaning materials. Penny Market in Sighisoara has best range of fresh fruit and veg plus meats, eggs, dairy products etc. Usually go there to stock up if I'm in the city anyway.
Visited UK from May 13th to 27th for the birth of new granddaughter Daisy and enjoyed time with Rob and Ali and Lou, Chris, Noah and Martha.
Once back in Roandola, I had just over two weeks to get house in order ready for Lou, Chris and kids to stay with me for the first part of their summer hols.

No comments:

Post a Comment